The Plumsteadville Volunteer Fire Company is proud to host the 15th Blaze of Glory 5K road race. As the first race in the Bucks 5k Series 100% of the proceeds from the PVFC Blaze of Glory 5K go to support the volunteer efforts of the Plumsteadville Volunteer Fire Company.
The Plumsteadville Volunteer Fire Company is 52% funded by Plumstead and Bedminster Townships. The remaining 48% is raised via our fundraising events and community donations. Money raised goes towards much-needed safety equipment. To outfit a single firefighter with basic safety gear costs over $3,500.00. This does not include the cost of an air pack which is an additional expense of $6,500.00.
PVFC is also raising money for two large capital projects:
Your participation in the Blaze of Glory 5K goes along way towards helping us reduce the debt needed for these purchases.
Once again firefighters will be running in turnout gear and carrying breathing air tanks. If you are a fighter and would like to race other firefighters in gear, there is a registration discount!
Packet/T-Shirt pickup will be Friday, March 26th from 4 pm to 7 pm at the Plumsteadville Fire House 5064 Stump Road. For GPS use Doylestown, PA 18902.
Limited packet/T-shirt pick up will be available on race day the 27th from 7:30 am till 8:30 am at the firehouse.
Some parking will be available at the firehouse. Additional parking is available at the Giant shopping center and the Plumsteadville Inn parking lots. Be advised that road closures will start by 8 am and access to the firehouse by car will become limited and is not guaranteed after 8:30 am.
There will NOT be any pre-or post-race events. Awards for LIVE runners will be mailed out to all winners. This year’s awards will be pint glasses sponsored by POCO’s Mexican/American Restaurant.
Looking to be a Sponsor?
Download our Sponsor Letter or contact our Coordinator, at email@example.com if you are interested.